On Saturday Mr. Eleven found a listing in the newspaper about free kids art at the Saturday market. Lil' enjoyed the market the last time we visited. She made friends with one of Aunt Scully's high school friends and got to sample lots of yummy food. The art project seemed like an added bonus.
We arrived just in time to select our project before the next session started. Lil' picked a project based on a classic children's book "The Hungary Catepiller". Mr. Eleven helped her do the cutting but the rest was all Lil'.
Sunday we decided to put our state parks pass to good use and headed up the road to the beach.
3 comments:
I love Lil's art project! Did she do the painting too? What a great caterpillar she made.
The other pictures are wonderful too. I especially like the close up one.
Sounds like you all had a cool family weekend.....
Yup...Lil' did the painting. The project was supposed to be splattering the paint and then folding the paper to make the paint print on both sides to make a butterfly print but Lil' just painted instead of splattering. The teacher tried a few times to correct her technique but quickly gave up. I wished we'd had a camera with us at the market to show you how she painted herself and her dress too.
The art is beautiful. I'm glad that the teacher let her do her thing. It's hard to get tots to follow your plan, and much more fun to find out what their plan is.
Last time Moolah did splatter painting, she redesigned her shorts. The great thing was that she painted with exactly the same colors in her shirt that day (pink, purple & yellow stripes), so the whole ensemble looked fairly "designer". I didn't get a picture of that, either... and I wish I had.
Post a Comment