Monday, November 3, 2008

Finger Games

Somehow I forgot to mention this earlier.....

One of the things that Lil' did while waiting to vote was to to tell me things about Oosje's house. She told me that she likes Oosje's sink. This did not surprise me but I was shocked when she started naming her fingers. She wanted to know which one was domolot and which one was likiput. I was without an answer. I need a refresher course. What are the names of our fingers?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starting with the thumb:
Dumbalot ( silent "b")
Lickaput
longayap
korteknap
pinkelink
I spelled them phonenetically...

Anonymous said...

p.s. She loves the sink! She wants to go into the bathroom to wash her hands all the time! If I wanted a little time to do something I would tell her to go wash her hands...

Anonymous said...

Moolah learned the names of her fingers from Oosje, too. I only know them in order, she knows them all. I do have to periodically ask her to please not point kortekenop.

Last trip to Kamp Ketchum she learned a bedtime song that I had forgotten...

To bed, to bed said Domolot
I don't want to go to be said lickaput
But you have to go to bed said lickaput
But I don't want to go to bed said korteknop
Night night said pinkalink

Did I get that right, Oosje? I think maybe I'm doing korteknop wrong... and maybe others.

Anonymous said...

To bed, to bed said domolot.
I don't want to go to bed, said lickaput.
But it's time to go to bed said longayap.
Yes, it's time to go to bed said korteknop
Night night said pinkalink.

Knorteknop can really say whatever you want. You can either repeat the negative or reinforce the positive.

(Aunt Scully...it's longayap you don't want her to point. Korteknap is the ring finger)