Saturday, September 26, 2009

Scissor Misuse #2

After getting home from school yesterday Mama was wiped out! Playground duty in 90 degree weather had drained Mama of her energy and apparently her brain as well. Lil' was excited to see the present that the school secretary sent home...a large box of paper scraps in all shapes and sizes. Mama, needing to get the potatoes cooking for dinner, got out Lil's scissors and set her up in her kitchen chair with a pile of scraps, before turning her attention back to the potatoes. Lil' was involved in cutting her scraps in pursuit of making Mama a special prize. We didn't exchange words for a few moments and then she said it...."Mama I'm sorry I cut my HAIR!". So much for the fantastic haircut that Mama gave her the day before. I mean really, what was I thinking....she cut the curtains the other day so clearly she doesn't make good decisions about what to cut. But she was confined to her chair in the kitchen, so what could happen right? Um, well, maybe I should have realized that since she had gotten a haircut the day before she would have the connection of scissors and hair on her brain! Nope, not this silly Mama.

I did manage to get through the following few minutes without losing my cool with Lil'. I just cleaned up the mess while thinking back to last week when I was wishing my curtains were her hair because at least hair grows back.

Photos to come later....I didn't want to get the camera out to take a photo because Lil' loves getting her photo taken and it didn't seem like that was a good message for me to be sending her..."Cut your hair and get your picture taken". But since it's Saturday she'll probably want to play on the computer camera at some point today and I'll see what she captures.

2 comments:

Oosje said...

That's our Lil! She is so inquisitive. I wonder what she actually learns from these adventures??? Oh...to be inside her little head.

Oosje said...

Still waiting for a picture. My imaginations are going wild!