Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fan Fiesta

Today was the day Bronco Nation got to celebrate with our 2010 Fiesta Bowl Champion Boise State Broncos and Lil' and I were not going to miss the fun!

We arrived in the parking lot at about 1:30 pm this afternoon for an event that started at 3:00 and we weren't alone. We joined a sea of orange and blue that was headed to the party! Lil' could hardly wait for the school song and chanted "Go Orange, Go Big Blue" from the far side of the football stadium to the main entrance of Taco Bell Arena. She was showered with compliments and applause almost the whole way. As we neared the entrance to the arena Lil' realized she would get to go through the big inflatable Bronco Helmet that she's seen the football players come out of on game days! It's too bad there were so many other fans because the look on her face as she walked under the helmet was priceless. In her #1 Boise State fan shirt and sporting her princess pompoms she looked as if she felt like she had arrived at the top of the world!

Here are a few pictures of our fun:

Just inside the doors of the arena Lil' spotted this life size cutout of Kyle Efaw, a key to the win in Pheonix, and insisited she get her picture taken.


After the event while walking back to the car Lil' saw the players coming out of the sports complex and created an opportunity to get freshman Michael Atkinson ( "Canadian Bacon") and sophomore Dan Paul to pose for pictures after she again shared her rendition of "Go Orange, Go Big Blue"


Posing with the Bronco statue


I've got a few more photos that I took on my phone that I'll try to post later.

And here are a few bonus photos of Lil' at her high school cheerleading camp last weekend that I have been meaning to post but haven't.....

6 comments:

Oosje said...

Lil is just too dang cute! What a fun, fun day. Lil looks great in her Bronco T-Shirt. And hats off to some very big guys who would take the time to hunker down for a photo opt with Lil.

And you too Mama...You take her to so many places for so many different things. Lil is a lucky girl.

Oosje said...

Hey! I was already posting my comments before the Cheer camp pictures came up. I love Lil's fancy PomPons...where's the orange!

MamaD. said...

The pom poms in the picture with the blue shirt were actually the high school cheerleaders pom poms...Lil just has ones from the dollarstore. She took them today. No orange in those either, they are light blue princess pom poms. She would have liked to keep the fancy ones!

MamaD. said...

Oh ya, and Dan Paul, on the right, was on crutches. It was no easy task to hunker down for him. Nice guys who really showed how the program is about representing the team and University on and off the field. Makes me proud to be a Bronco!

MamaD. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oosje said...

I just love Lil's new "heeadline" Picture.

Lil, did you make this picture yourself on Mama's computer? You did a really good job. I can tell that Grand'ma's quilt is behind you.