Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Sun Has Been Shining

It was a beautiful weekend here. The sun was shining. Grandpa D. came to visit yesterday. Lil', as is customary with all visitors, took him by the hand and showed him how things are in her world. He was ushered to her room when she wanted to get something, instructed where and when to sit, take off his shoes or coat and was the recipient of many classic Lil' looks and loves. We all enjoyed a nice dinner at home.
Today Mr. Eleven got up early to dress Lil' for a date with Grandpa. She was just waking when he entered her room but immediately jumped to her feet, saying "Where Grandpa Go?" She found him tucked in his sleeping bag on the "blue couch". They were off to see the back side of the horse track and have a breakfast of crunchy bacon, eggs and peaches. Mama got to sleep in. It felt kinda weird, but very nice.
The late morning and after nap were spent outside in the backyard. One of Mama's weekend goals was to build the activity slide for Lil' that has been waiting on the side of the house for spring to arrive. Here is her first time playing with it at her house. Many thanks to Oosje's friends, B,S,I & especially H! Lil' loves her slide!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lil looks like such a big girl sitting at the top of her slide...and what a smile! Those are hard to get from Lil, not that she isn't smiling all the time, it's the photo taking that is difficult when she wants to see the photo before you have actually taken it!

I'm so glad she loves her slide and I'm finding out she is a girl after my own heart. She wants to be "outside" as much as I do.

Hooray for Spring.

Anonymous said...

Cool shoes, Lil. I miss those. They were from "a" and are real Vans. I bought cheapo payless ones to replace them that aren't nearly as sassy. I'm going to have to step up to a real pair this summer.

Ooh... maybe a pair for Ace, too, since his Daytime Mama has requested hard soles for him to wear outside... Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

Lil' loves the heart Vans! She often chooses them over the Dora sneakers! Go figure. But they might have a rival in her new sandles.

Anonymous said...

I thought those were Moolah's vans! I love them too. Does Ace need Hard soles becuase he is walking?